What is VIATOP®:
VIATOP® premium is a pelletized blend of natural cellulose fibers (ARBOCEL® ZZ 8-1) and bitumen and is added to the asphalt mixture as a stabilizing additive. In the production process of VIATOP® premium, the cellulose fibers are coated with bitumen. Bitumen acts as a spacer between the cellulose fibers and ensures a quick and complete dispersion during the mixing process at the asphalt mixing plant. Asphalt surface concepts with VIATOP® premium show a high deformation resistance and a longer service life, even at a very high share of heavy duty traffic. Asphalt surfaces with VIATOP® premium – the optimum solution for the highest demands:
- Increasing traffic volume
- Increasing axle loads
- Very high traffic safety aspects
- High level of driving comfort
- Use of low emission technologies
- Best economic solution for largest use of available resources
VIATOP® cellulose fiber pellets are being pelletized with bitumen in a special production process. The forces acting during the pelletizing process on the fibers are being absorbed by the bitumen coating and at the same time the bitumen takes over the function of a spacer between the fibers – a prerequisite for the complete dispersion of the pellets during the mixing process at the asphalt mixing plant.Application:
The main application is the Stone Mastic Asphalt concept (SMA). VIATOP® fiber pellets ensure that the high amount of binder can be stabilized in the mix to avoid the draining of binder and mastic from the mineral aggregates. The exact dosing amount depends on the type of asphalt mixture. For the production of stone mastic asphalt, VIATOP® premium is used in a dosage amount of 0.3% by weight respectively 3.0 kg / ton of asphalt mixture. The VIATOP® pellets do not need any dry mixing time for dispersion during the asphalt mixture production and therefore, the production capacity of the mixing plant is not affected.
- VIATOP® premium
Bitumen-coated cellulose fiber pellets (90 % by weight cellulose fibers + 10 % by weight bitumen) for technical demanding asphalt mixtures.
- VIATOP® plus AD 10
Bitumen-coated cellulose fiber pellets (83 % by weight cellulose fibers + 7 % by weight adhesion promoter + 10 % by weight bitumen) for improved adhesion properties of binder and aggregates.
- VIATOP® plus CT 40
Cellulose – functional wax fiber pellets (60 % by weight cellulose fibers + 40 % by weight Fischer-Tropsch wax) provide a reduction of the compaction resistance and thus improve the paving and compaction behaviour in difficult construction conditions as well as at difficult weather conditions.
- VIATOP® superior
Cellulose fiber – EVA pellets (50 % by weight cellulose fibers + 20 % by weight Ethylen-Vinylacetat + 20 % by weight Fischer-Tropsch wax + 10 % by weight binder) provide a reduction of the compaction resistance and improve the deformation resistance at high temperatures.
- VIATOP® plus FEP
Cellulose fiber pellets with a functional additive (20 % by weight cellulose fibers + 80 % by weight elastomeric additive) provide an improvement of the cracking and aging behaviour and increase the resistance to permanent deformation.
- VIATOP® regio
Cellulose fiber – Zeolith pellets (40 % by weight cellulose fibers + 40 % by weight Zeolite “aspha-min” + 20 % binder) improves the compaction behaviour of the asphalt mix.
- Economical dosing rate of 3.0 kg / ton of SMA mixture
- No drain-down of binder and mastic from the aggregates / no segregation
- No dry mixing time and therefor:
- Increased production capacity
- Easy and economical production
- Less wear and tear of the pugmill – lower abrasion
- No mechanical stress to the fibers (no comminute of fibers)
- Increased efficiency of the fibers
- High production quality and safety
- Four production sites in Germany guarantee high delivery safety
- High quality standard
- Bitumen coated pellets ensure a quick and complete dispersion in the asphalt mix
- VIATOP® is also suitable for fine graded mixtures – no shear forces for the complete dispersion of the pellets needed
- Optimized protection against humidity due to bituminous coating of each single fiber
- Suitable for all types of asphalt mixtures
VIATOP® products are delivered in big bags (500 kg or 1,000 kg) or in low melting small bags (1.5 kg , 3 kg , 3.5 kg, 4 kg, 4.5 kg, 6 kg, 7.5 kg, 9 kg, 10 kg), according to standard batch sizes or according to customers’ needs and also loose in tank trucks for silo. Storage should take place in dry condition and not exposed to direct sun.
If you need more information, please visit www.sma-viatop.com