Dilatation joints for bridges
What is FALCON – asphalt mixture?
Falcon is a highly polymerised, uniform quality, factory-made asphalt mixture that has the properties of sealing masses and mastic asphalt, with a high percentage highly polymerized bituminous binders, special additives and suitable grain.
- Bridging structures spanning up to 50m, allowed movement 40mm ± 20mm
- Rehabilitations of existing structures
- New constructions
- Simple and quick installation (shorter installation times and less costly traffic closures)
- Execution is possible on semi-closed roads
- transverse or longitudinal installation in any lenghts
- dilatation joints allow for embedding asphalt layers of any width and thickness
- drivers and the enviroment of the bridging structure exposed to no vibrations or disturbing noise generated by the passage of vehicles – continuos contact
- Falcon is a prefabricated mixture (packaged in 20kg bags) that ensures uniform quality irrespective of the working conditions in the embedding process (temperature, humidity, mixing ratio)
- In winter conditions, salt ingress into the structure is not possible – watertightness
- No limitations imposed on winter maintenance, i.e. snow ploughing (there is no contact)
- Dilatation joints do not require water drainage
- A variant allowing drainage is also possible, where porous asphalt is incorporated into the wearing course of the pavement
- Simple replacement at the time of overlaying the wearing course on the structure
Falcon asphalt mixture is pre- assembled and delivered in 20 kg bags. Storage should take place in dry areas and not be exposed to direct sunlight, to ensure an unlimited storage duration.
Further technical informations you can find in our product catalog and in the demonstration video about the installation itself.